4-H and the garden. After many hail storms, wind storm, lots of rain, our garden is still surviving, and we are enjoying little tastes every now and then. We ate all the spinach, and just harvested all the lettuce. The artichokes will be ready soon, and we ate two bell peppers in our Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches the other night. I have discovered that gardening is a heart issue though. On the one hand, your heart breaks when your garden gets hit with hail. On the other, your heart swells with pride when your corn hits 3 feet tall. Then you have to wrestle with your heart, reminding it that all things grow by the grace of God, and that I really have very little to do with it. I cant count the corn stalks and say, "Ah, I will have 50+ ears of corn! I am so good!" I didnt make that corn grow, especially here in NE where the weather has been so unpredictable. I have decided that gardening is God showing me I have no control, and its been a good and constant lesson to learn. I will admit though, I love going out and grubbing in the dirt and THINKING I have something to do with it:) Anyway, here are some garden pictures! Enjoy! (Can you smell the onions in the second picture! I love the smell of them when I weed!)
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Gardening...
Wow, has it really been over a month since I last posted? Swim team just took over our lives, along with
4-H and the garden. After many hail storms, wind storm, lots of rain, our garden is still surviving, and we are enjoying little tastes every now and then. We ate all the spinach, and just harvested all the lettuce. The artichokes will be ready soon, and we ate two bell peppers in our Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches the other night. I have discovered that gardening is a heart issue though. On the one hand, your heart breaks when your garden gets hit with hail. On the other, your heart swells with pride when your corn hits 3 feet tall. Then you have to wrestle with your heart, reminding it that all things grow by the grace of God, and that I really have very little to do with it. I cant count the corn stalks and say, "Ah, I will have 50+ ears of corn! I am so good!" I didnt make that corn grow, especially here in NE where the weather has been so unpredictable. I have decided that gardening is God showing me I have no control, and its been a good and constant lesson to learn. I will admit though, I love going out and grubbing in the dirt and THINKING I have something to do with it:) Anyway, here are some garden pictures! Enjoy! (Can you smell the onions in the second picture! I love the smell of them when I weed!)
4-H and the garden. After many hail storms, wind storm, lots of rain, our garden is still surviving, and we are enjoying little tastes every now and then. We ate all the spinach, and just harvested all the lettuce. The artichokes will be ready soon, and we ate two bell peppers in our Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches the other night. I have discovered that gardening is a heart issue though. On the one hand, your heart breaks when your garden gets hit with hail. On the other, your heart swells with pride when your corn hits 3 feet tall. Then you have to wrestle with your heart, reminding it that all things grow by the grace of God, and that I really have very little to do with it. I cant count the corn stalks and say, "Ah, I will have 50+ ears of corn! I am so good!" I didnt make that corn grow, especially here in NE where the weather has been so unpredictable. I have decided that gardening is God showing me I have no control, and its been a good and constant lesson to learn. I will admit though, I love going out and grubbing in the dirt and THINKING I have something to do with it:) Anyway, here are some garden pictures! Enjoy! (Can you smell the onions in the second picture! I love the smell of them when I weed!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment