Wow, its been a long time since I blogged! But, it hasnt been a long time since I knit, or gardened or scrapbooked. I guess I have just been too busy teaching and parenting and everything else to write a post! So, time to fix that and write the first post of 2013!
One word, I hear this all over, facebook, friends, emails, its taking the world by storm it seems! One word to live your year by. I wasnt sure I really wanted to jump on that band wagon. Do I really need ANOTHER thing to try to live up to and fail and feel bad about? Or another thing to try to craft with? I wasnt going to do it. But, God had other plans.
The Tabletalk devotional for the weekend of January 12 and 13 was titeled "Preparing to Die Well" by Sean Michael Lucas and one of the verses quoted half way down the first column was Phil 1:21, "For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain". The author says, "We are prepared to die well only when we live each day knowing Christ for us, in us, and through us."
Christ For us! "God looks at us in Jesus and sees us united to Him..." I know that I am a child of God, and I am no longer clothed in my sin, but in Christ's righteousness, I am prepared and ready to face God's Judgement!
Christ In Us! "Christ in you, the hope of glory..." Col 1:27. The life I live is by faith in Jesus! From the author, "Those who know this glorious reality-the power of Christ in us-are able to live each day ready to die because they have the hope, the expectation, of future glory."
Christ Through Us! All my living I do with Christ living through me! That means that I must show Christ in the way I live. Katherine should not be the one being seen daily, but Christ in me, showing his glory!
So, my "One Word" this year is "Christ" and when I think of that I want it to be an instant reminder that whatever I am doing and where ever I am, I stop there, and make sure that I am Living Christ and that all around me see Him and His glory, not me and my pitifal failings and sins. This year, I am living Christ! If I die today, I want my gain to be that I can stand before the Lord and know that I was prepared to die, and that Christ was seen wherever I went, but if I live today, I want to be Christ to all around me, that they might know His grace and see His Glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment